Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nonverbal Intimacy Behaviors


My score to the test we took earlier in class is a 93, which if I remember correctly is the average score for males. This makes perfect sense to me because I do not believe myself to be above average in this subject. I do sometimes talk with my hands but try not to use them too often. When people are speaking to me, I make sure to keep eye contact with the speaker at all times so they know that they have my attention. I may smile or laugh when they say a joke or something funny but I do not believe that I do this very often. I do this because I’ve always felt that being quiet and keeping constant eye contact with a person when they are talking is a valuable trait. I do realize though that this can be confusing for people at times. They may misunderstand my lack of emotions as not caring about the subject they are speaking about. Sometimes it would be beneficial for me to smile or laugh more, I could use hands more to better show my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment